Contact

Bee Package cancelled, Maybe getting another nuc

May 3rd, 2009

Betterbee called to say that the bee package would be delayed again. This time pickup is on a Friday and I can’t take off from work to pick up bees. I am a consultant and I don’t get vacation days or any paid leave. If I don’t work it costs me several hundred dollars in lost income. I had to cancel.

The bee supplier who sold me my nucs is receiving another shipment on May 4, 2009. It is a 3-1/2 hour ride from Rockland County, NY to Rhode Island, but I may decide to do it next Saturday. He says that he will have a good supply of nucs and that he can hold several for me until next weekend. I might get Russians instead of Hygienic Italians, he has both. I only have the one extra hive so I can’t get more than that. I’ve been ordering some woodware from BrushyMountainBeeFarms.com, but they are about two weeks behind on shipping.

It would be nice to ride up on Saturday – it’s going to rain anyway, so they day is shot as far as any other projects. I would like a third hive. I would like to find someone that needs an $85 nuc and is willing to chip in $20 for gas (or do the driving and let me chip in $20 for gas).